As the cooler weather approaches, it’s time to perform some property maintenance to ensure your investment property is as prepared for the change in weather as you are. The RPM Pittsburgh team has a few tips to help you through this seasonal maintenance.
Seasonal Maintenance Tips from Real Property Management Pittsburgh
With summer winding down quickly and the cooler weather approaching, we recommend some basic services to protect the home and prepare it for colder winter air:
- Avoid expensive repairs by servicing your heating and air conditioning systems. Clean or replace filters, remove build up on fans, cover the outside A/C unit, bleed air from radiators, and check the basement humidity levels.
- Step outside for a breath of fresh air … and enjoy the fall landscaping. Fertilization, pruning, and any other lawn care services (such as sprinkler line maintenance) should be completed to keep up the curb appeal of your home.
- Clear rain gutters of any debris from leaves and needles, etc.
- Got a fireplace? Time for a chimney sweep! Get it in clean working order so residents can be comfortable and your property safe all season long.
Pittsburgh Property Managers Are Not Alone in Maintenance Responsibilities
As a property manager, we have obligations to keep the property well-maintained, your residents do as well. Here are a few seasonal items they are responsible for:
- Take care of any safety hazards. Any items that pose an accident such as bulky carpets or loose hand railings should be fixed.
- Check electrical sockets in use to ensure they are not warm to the touch.
- Inspect fire extinguishers to confirm they are properly charged.
- Check any alarms throughout the home and install fresh batteries.
- Review household safety and emergency plans, locate gas and water shut off valves.
- Clean/replace filters and vents as needed and vacuum under all appliances.
- Change furnace filters on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all doors and windows shut tightly.
- Clean all drains and traps to ensure proper drainage.
- Tidy up outside by storing hoses and similar items.
As a Pittsburgh property management company, we work with residents to get your investment property ready for any season. It is a priority to help you keep your home and residents protected by performing seasonal maintenance duties. If you are not up to performing maintenance on your own, contact the leading Pittsburgh property managers to assist you!
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.